Re: Future of md multipath

From: Neil Brown
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 21:50:19 EST

On Tuesday March 3, hch@xxxxxx wrote:
> Just noticed that we still have the old md-based multipath driver
> in the tree, which seem to not have gotten any attention since we
> got dm multipath.
>
> Is there any reason to keep it or should we deprecate it and kill
> it after a couple of kernel releases?

I'm in favour of deprecating it. Whenever I hear of people using it I
suggest dm-multipath, but there could people I don't here about.
I think the upcoming mdadm-3.0 will need a compile-time option to
enable multipath, so people will only get it if they really really
want it.

So feel free to propose patches.

Thanks :-)

NeilBrown