Re: [BUG,2.6.29-rc7,s390] System goes into endless loop during boot or logon

From: Frans Pop
Date: Mon Mar 09 2009 - 05:47:19 EST

On Monday 09 March 2009, Hendrik Brueckner wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 10:25:51AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > > Where? Do you have NMI watchdog output, or even sysrq-t?
> >
> > I'm afraid I have no idea.
> >
> > AFAICT s390 does not have an NMI watchdog. And I have no idea how I
> > could trigger a sysrq given that I can't login and only have a dumb
> > console or SSH session to work with anyway.
>
> If SSH works, try to trigger the sysrq function trough
> /proc/sysrq-trigger, e.g. echo l > /proc/sysrq-trigger

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Problem is that the loop starts when I try to log
in over SSH. I do get the welcome message, but I never get a prompt. And
as soon as the loop starts, the system is completely unresponsive. Even a
shutdown triggered from the system console does nothing. Only thing I can
do is a hard "poweroff".