Re: [patch] aio: remove aio-max-nr and instead use the memlock rlimitto limit the number of pages pinned for the aio completion ring

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Tue Mar 10 2009 - 04:36:52 EST

Jamie Lokier wrote:
Avi Kivity wrote:
Or you could queue the completions somewhere, and only copy them to
user memory when io_getevents() is called. I think the plan was
once to allow events to be consumed opportunistically even without
io_getevents(), though.

Isn't that integrated (or to be integrated) with the vring buffer
thingy used by virtio?

If not, should it be?

vringfd has been abandoned, AFAICT. I think it's too similar to aio anyway.