Re: cgroup, balance RT bandwidth

From: Rolando Martins
Date: Tue Mar 10 2009 - 11:04:13 EST

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Peter Zijlstra <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 11:49 +0000, Rolando Martins wrote:
>> Just to confirm, cpuset.sched_load_balance doesn't work with RT, right?
>
> It should. It should split the RT balance domain just the same.
>
>> You cannot have tasks for sub-domain 2 to utilize bandwidth of
>> sub-domain 3, right?
>
> If you disabled load-balancing on your root domain (1 below) then
> indeed, tasks from 2 will not be able to consume bandwidth from tasks in
> 3.
>
> The available bandwidth is related to the number of cpus in the balance
> domain.

cgroup
echo 1 > cpuset.sched_load_balance

cgroup/2
echo 0 > cpuset.mems
echo 0-2 > cpuset.cpus
echo 450000 > cpu.rt_runtime_us

cgroup/3
echo 0 > cpuset.mems
echo 3 > cpuset.cpus
echo 450000 > cpu.rt_runtime_us

I have a small test that uses a loop to utilize 100% cpu (SCHED_FIFO).
When I run 2 tests on cgroup/3, it only uses bandwidth from cpu 3
(100%), the balancing isn't happening.
As I use the SCHED_FIFO, the 2 processes run sequentially.

Can you check this? Maybe I am doing something wrong...