[GIT PULL] drm-intel pull request for 2.6.29-rc7

From: Eric Anholt
Date: Wed Mar 11 2009 - 14:29:52 EST

You suggested at OSTS that I send pull requests to you directly, so here
goes. Hopefully I'm doing it right (in particular, I'm not rebasing to
the very latest since you suggested you didn't want to see that having
happened just before the pull request, and I checked that nothing
conflicting has happened since the rebase).

There's a bunch of fencing fixes in here, which helps 915 and 945 3D
(especially 945 with my fix). The fencing code could still use some
more love, but I know Chris Wilson's been exercising this fencing code
more than the actual released drivers do by a significant margin, and
the fixes do look good. There's also the resume fix that we tested a
variant of at OSTS.

The following changes since commit 16b71fdf97599f1b1b7f38418ee9922d9f117396:
Samuel CUELLA (1):
i810: fix kernel crash fix when struct fb_var_screeninfo is supplied

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/anholt/drm-intel for-linus

Chris Wilson (4):
drm/i915: First recheck for an empty fence register.
drm/i915: Check fence status on every pin.
drm/i915: Check to see if we've pinned all available fences
drm/i915: Protect active fences on i915

Eric Anholt (2):
drm/i915: Fix bad \n in MTRR failure notice.
drm/i915: fix 945 fence register writes for fence 8 and above.

Kristian HÃgsberg (1):
drm: Return EINVAL on duplicate objects in execbuffer object list

Kyle McMartin (1):
i915: add newline to i915_gem_object_pin failure msg

Pierre Willenbrock (1):
drm/i915: Don't restore palettes through VGA registers.

drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_dma.c | 2 +-
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.h | 7 ++-
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem.c | 115 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_reg.h | 1 +
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_suspend.c | 11 ---

Eric Anholt
eric@xxxxxxxxxx eric.anholt@xxxxxxxxx