Re: ext4 problem on Linux-2.6.29-rc7-git4

From: Theodore Tso
Date: Thu Mar 12 2009 - 11:02:51 EST

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 05:32:09PM +0200, Tarkan Erimer wrote:

> After booting into new 2.6.29-rc7-git4, I got a lot of errors below in
> dmesg. If it's a known issue or reported before, please ignore it.

It's a warning, not an error; but I didn't expect it to be quite so
voluminous in terms of log messages. We have a proper fix for it
queued up for 2.6.30, but it was considered too invasive. So the fix
was to print a warning which we ratelimited, but it looks like it's
even with the printk_ratelimit the warnings are too annoying to let
live. I'll probably fix it to only printk the message once.

- Ted