Re: make headers_install broken for ARCH=m68k in 2.6.29-rc7.

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Fri Mar 13 2009 - 04:33:41 EST

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 09:25, Sam Ravnborg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 05:04:57PM +1000, Greg Ungerer wrote:
>> I pretty quick time I can fix up the last couple on the above list.
>> But do we want to put all that change into 2.6.29-rc at this point?
>
> In general we do not want to have headers_check broken in mainline,

headers_check is not broken, headers_install is.

Hmm, in some sense headers_check _is_ broken, as it doesn't notice
headers_install
installs headers that refer to other headers that are not installed...

> so if this is what is required to fix it then yes.

Yep, it's a regression from 2.6.28.

Greg, I had a quick look at your signcontext.h and signal.h merge, and the MMU
part seems to be OK.

However, some of the installed headers still have checks for CONFIG_MMU:

param.h:#ifdef CONFIG_MMU
sigcontext.h:#ifndef CONFIG_MMU
sigcontext.h:#ifdef CONFIG_MMU
siginfo.h:#ifdef CONFIG_MMU
siginfo.h:#ifdef CONFIG_MMU
siginfo.h:#endif /* CONFIG_MMU */
swab.h:#elif defined(CONFIG_MMU)

so these have to be added to the generic unifdef-y list (is that
include/asm-generic/Kbuild.asm?).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds