Re: Network throughput (localhost)

From: Aki Niimura
Date: Fri Mar 13 2009 - 14:38:31 EST

Hello David,

Thank you for your prompt response to my posting.
I have changed my program temporarily to use AF_UNIX and tested the performance.
I got approx 20% throughput improvement in all testing conditions.
Thank you!

However, even with the use of AF_UNIX, the localhost throughput of
Solaris/x86 is still around 30% faster than Linux's AF_UNIX throughput
(using the same h/w).
I like the way Solaris did because I don't need to change my program
as my program may need to send packets to another machine rather than
another CPU next to.
Hope Linux will incorporate such scheme in the future.

Best regards,
Aki Niimura