how to enable shadow page table? Do I have to run HVM guest systems for shadow paging mode?

From: Long Wang
Date: Mon Mar 16 2009 - 11:15:00 EST

I am working on a research project based on Xen 3.3.1. I want to use the
shadow page table for setting guest system memory pages as read-only and/or
dirty, and perform a copy-on-write mechanism when these memory pages are
updated. I heard that auto_translated_physmap is not supported any more.

Then how can I enable shadow page table? Do I have to run HVM guest systems
to have shadow paging mode? Can I enable shadow paging mode in PV?

I look forward to your help on this problem. Thank you very much,

Sincerely,
Long Wang