Re: [alsa-devel] Bugs on aspire one A150

From: Andreas Mohr
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 06:48:27 EST

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:38:45AM +0100, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> NOPE. Aspire One most definitely has a Fortemedia SAM (small array
> microphone) due to this output:
> http://sites.google.com/site/kengell/acer-aspire-one---dmesg
>
> "
> ForteMedia SAM-Soft Library Loaded!
>
> ALC INIT
> "
>
> I had already wanted to add the mention of Fortemedia as microphone
> manufacturer (forgot this last time), then I researched more and found it.
>
> Fortemedia device names include FM2018-380, not sure yet which one is in
> Aspire One.
>
> http://www.fortemedia.com/products/index.htm
> ( especially http://www.fortemedia.com/products/fm1182.htm )

http://www.wpgholdings.com/event/S/SACg_04_ForteMedia_SAM.pdf
mentions "FM201x" and www.sacg.com.tw (this one could be useful!).
Searching Google "FM201[0-9] Fortemedia" comes up with FM2010 and
FM2018 and thus
http://www.hengdasheng.com.cn/uploadfile/391/cfile/2008102414057847.pdf
which is a relatively informative datasheet.

Andreas