Re: oops in tracepoint_update_probe_range()

From: Mathieu Desnoyers
Date: Thu Mar 19 2009 - 12:00:29 EST

* Ingo Molnar (mingo@xxxxxxx) wrote:

> * Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> > >
> > > Jaswinder : maybe you have old modules in your /lib/modules/`uname -r`
> > > directory which have the correct version, but the wrong module.h header ?
> >
> > Isn't there a module versioning that prevents such things?
>
> It can be overriden. In any case, the NULL check we have there now
> makes sense.
>
> Ingo

Well, it duplicates the check for begin == end. Actually, if begin !=
end _and_ being is NULL, this should be a WARN_ON or BUG_ON, because
the kernel would be trying to load a module with incompatible struct
module.

Are we supposed to assume that module.c allows loading modules with
incompatible struct module at all ? That sounds like we would be trying
to fix up things broken by the module loader in the first place.

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers