Re: Microblaze linux support

From: Michal Simek
Date: Thu Mar 19 2009 - 16:42:29 EST

Hi Randy,
> monstr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I think that is the right time to send you next pack with
>> Microblaze support. It is seventh pack - some previous packs
>> was review by community and I hope there are not any big faults.
>>
>> We tested this kernel on some boards.
>> We have GIT server up and gitweb is available at http://developer.petalogix.com/git/gitweb.cgi
>>
>> All information about git clone you can find on gitweb.
>> This pack is available in for-linus branch. Information about other branches are on gitweb too.
>>
>> More information about microblaze fdt kernel you can find at www.monstr.eu/fdt/
>> If you want to test kernel with microblaze toolchain let me know.
>
> Hi Michal,
>
> Is there an x86-hosted cross-tool chain available?
> If so, where?

yes it is. I use old 3.4.1 gcc and we are preparing 4.1.2 version.(We have 4.1.2
for MMU with glibc). I hope will be ready soon. Of course is possible to compile
kernel with that tool too.

The first way is download that code from svn server.

Here is the link directly to svn folder (Name guest, without password)
https://developer.petalogix.com/pr/internal/petalinux/trunk/tools/linux-i386/microblaze-uclinux-tools/

The second way is download full distribution (360MB)
http://developer.petalogix.com/downloads/petalinux-v0.30-rc1.tar.gz

There is . setting.sh script which only add toolchain to your patches or you can
add it by hand. (Location is in tools/linux-i386/microblaze-uclinux-tools).

If you want gcc 4.1.2 pack for MMU (Just for kernel build) I can provide you
prebuilt package too.

Thanks,
Michal

--