Re: [patch] x86, bts: use atomic memory allocation

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Fri Mar 20 2009 - 04:37:37 EST

When I boot that configuration (without the additional patches), I get some
error dumps on the screen including a call trace. Unfortunately, the interesting
part scrolls out of the top of my screen and the boot stops.

Standard ways to handle that:
- boot with vga=0x0f07 to get smaller fonts (if it doesn't work use vga=ask and select suitable number)
- use a serial console, possibly with earlyprintk
- use firescope if the system has a ieee1394 connection. That can access the log buffer. You
need a 1394 cable, but those are easy to get. See Documentation/debugging-via-ohci1394.txt

For this particular case it might be enough to move the selftest to run much later
and then use netconsole or similar after it has been set up.

-Andi