[patch 0/9] LTTng core kernel instrumentation

From: Mathieu Desnoyers
Date: Tue Mar 24 2009 - 12:24:02 EST

Hi,

This is the core of the Linux kernel LTTng instrumentation. I left out what I
considered that would be eventually covered by a wide syscall instrumentation
and I also picked the most important pieces of instrumentation. The LTTng tree
contains more tracepoints, some of which (e.g. mm instrumentation) will be
proposed later once we agree on the tracepoints proposed in this patchset.

Ingo, the irq and softirq instrumentation patches will probably clash with the
patches from Jason you currently have in your tree. Please see the individual
changelogs for details.

This patchset applies over 2.6.29 in the following order :

irq-handle-prepare-for-instrumentation.patch
lttng-instrumentation-irq.patch
lttng-instrumentation-tasklets.patch
lttng-instrumentation-softirq.patch
lttng-instrumentation-scheduler-fixup-task-migration.patch
lttng-instrumentation-timer.patch
lttng-instrumentation-kernel.patch
lttng-instrumentation-filemap.patch
lttng-instrumentation-swap.patch