2.6.29: can't resume from suspend with DMAR (intel iommu) enabled

From: Andrew Lutomirski
Date: Tue Mar 24 2009 - 15:58:26 EST

On vanilla 2.6.29 (on Ubuntu 8.10), on a Lenovo x200s, my system is
completely hosed on resume. It appears that even hard disk IO didn't
work (trying to do *anything* including getting a dmesg trace just
spewed sda io errors to the console). Hence no trace. I did an
alt-sysrq-b and the screen went blank and the machine just started
beeping at me.

Resume works much better with intel_iommu=off. (I remember seeing a
patch go by that purported to fix resume with IOMMU enabled, but it
didn't work for me.)

I'd be happy to try to make a better bug report if anyone has any bright ideas.

--Andy