Re: [kernel.org users] [KORG] Bugzilla Upgrade / Server move

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Thu Mar 26 2009 - 03:12:03 EST

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 01:12:33 +0000 (GMT)
Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > One small misfeature in the new bugzilla is that you can no longer view
> > attachments directly in the browser. For text/plain stuff this is
> > particularly annoying. If it could be fixed I'd be a much happier
> > camper. :)
>
> I think upstream bugzilla stopped this due to a potential security problem
> with feeding things to the browser.

If we cannot trust the browser to safely handle most data, then I
suppose we'll all have to start using wget and browsing our pages via
less.

I hope this feature can be reconfigured, even if upstream happens to
think out browsers are too insecure to be on the net.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
encryption.