Re: [tip:tracing/kmemtrace] fs.h: uninline simple_transaction_set()

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Mar 27 2009 - 05:26:25 EST

* Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 04:51:28PM +0000, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > Commit-ID: 44eea45ca9e25d6dd660d4806ef4c11209609e03
> > Gitweb: http://git.kernel.org/tip/44eea45ca9e25d6dd660d4806ef4c11209609e03
> > Author: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>
> > AuthorDate: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:48:35 +0100
> > Committer: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>
> > CommitDate: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:48:14 +0100
> >
> > fs.h: uninline simple_transaction_set()
> >
> > Move simple_transaction_set() to the other simple-transaction
> > file helpers in fs/libfs.c.
> >
> > This removes an implicit asm/page.h PAGE_SIZE dependency from
> > fs.h (asm/page.h is not an exported header so HEADERS_CHECK fils),
> > and also reduces kernel size a bit.
>
> *shrug*

Thanks for the encouragement - it must be a lot of fun for you to
work with other people and you seem to be taking great pride in
seeing improvements to the code you maintain and care about, no
matter how insignificant they seem in isolation ;-)

> I can live with that. Which tree do you want that to go through?
> I'll be pushing VFS queue tonight.

Either way is certainly fine with me, you are the maintainer so it's
your call. I kept the branch isolated and can adopt.

Note: the patch i sent has some (very minimal) dependencies on a
previous patchlet [which adds the asm/page.h include to fs.h - that
dependency was implicit before], it will be all just fine if you
ignore the fs.h reject when you apply the patch.

Thanks,

Ingo