Re: Squashfs 4.0 tools

From: Rob Landley
Date: Sat Mar 28 2009 - 18:28:18 EST

On Monday 23 March 2009 21:39:02 Phillip Lougher wrote:
> Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> > It is great that squashfs is finally in mainline kernel. But the
> > squashfs tools are tightly bound to the version of the squashfs
> > filesystem. The latest tools in Debian (and the download page) are
> > limited to version 3.4 but the upstream kernel version is 4.0!
> >
> > Do we have a cart with no horse here?
>
> The horse is currently in training, or to put it more mundanely, the
> squashfs 4.0 tools are currently in Squashfs CVS :-)
>
> I have been working on the 4.0 squashfs tools for the last couple of
> months making them (mksquashfs and unsquashfs) ready for a supported
> release. Now that Linux 2.6.29 has been released (3 hours ago), I
> need to make this release ASAP, which as everything is almost finished,
> should be sometime this week.

Any updated ETA on this?

Rob

P.S I notice a squashfs-devel mailing list cc'd here, but there's no link to
it from the squashfs.org page. Buried in the middle of a lot of text is a
link to the sourceforge squashfs project page, which has a link to "forums"
which are not the same as mailing lists.

Since I knew it's called "squashfs-devel" I could google for that and find
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=squashfs-devel

But it might be nice to at least _hint_ about its existence on the web page.
The main page's "contact" section is your personal email and nothing else...