Re: [TIP] BUG kmalloc-4096: Poison overwritten (ath5k_rx_skb_alloc)

From: Sitsofe Wheeler
Date: Sun Mar 29 2009 - 10:24:49 EST

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 09:14:37AM -0400, Bob Copeland wrote:

> Looks like the skb was reused right after it was freed by the mac80211
> workqueue so that seems inline with the idea that the list is getting
> corrupted somehow. On top of the last patch, would you mind running
> this overnight? It'll dump a lot of debug info, I'm really only
> interested in the last 5 invocations of ath5k_debug_printrxbuffs or so
> before the poison. During a scan you'll see lots of rx_start/rx_stop.

I've been away travelling for the past week and I move house on the 1st
April (which will make testing this much harder from then on) but I'll
try to get one final test in before the move.

Do you need an ftrace in addition to dmesg for this? If so is it better
to leave ieee calls out of the ftrace?

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/