Re: firmware patches

From: Ben Hutchings
Date: Sun Mar 29 2009 - 15:05:56 EST

I'm working on separation of firmware with my Debian hat on. Please use
this email address or <benh@xxxxxxxxxx> in connection with that work.

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 21:01 +0530, Jaswinder Singh Rajput wrote:
> Hello Ben,
>
> I am glad that you pick up Radeon and Typhoon firmware patches and
> applied to main stream.
>
> here is my old firmware tree:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jaswinder/firm-jsr-2.6.git;a=shortlog
>
> If you want it is still having various SCSI, network and other firmware
> patches which you can pickup and apply to main stream some of them are
> already applied in linux-next you can take help from them and also apply
> them to main stream.

So far as I know, all firmware is now separated out in the Debian
packages, with the exception of some that just sneaked in through
drivers/staging. The patches we are applying to 2.6.29 have all been
accepted into a tree destined for 2.6.30, except for the DRM drivers
(mga, r128 and radeon). Are you aware of anything we've missed?

Ben.