Re: [ivtv-devel] 2.6.29: ivtv-vbi.c: divide-by-zero in compress_sliced_buf()

From: Mark Lord
Date: Mon Mar 30 2009 - 12:22:00 EST

Hans Verkuil wrote:
On Monday 30 March 2009 17:50:33 Mark Lord wrote:
Hans Verkuil wrote:
..
Hmm, is v4l2_common also a module? There is a bug there that could
explain it, but only if v4l2_common is compiled into the kernel.
..
Ah, yes I don't see that in lsmod, and I do appear to have
CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2_COMMON=y in the .config file. I'll rebuild as module
and try again. Is there a fix heading upstream (2.6.29.1) for that?

Ah! That's it then. I definitely need to send a fix for that upstream. It is in the v4l-dvb repository. I need to wait until the fix is merged in Linus' git tree, though, before I can get it in the stable series.
..
Let me know if building v4l2-common as a module will fix this. I'm positive it will.
..

Works like a charm. Thanks so much, Hans!

Cheers