Re: Linux 2.6.29

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Tue Mar 31 2009 - 15:47:37 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
Arjan van de Ven wrote:
Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Am Freitag, 27. März 2009 schrieb Linus Torvalds:

I always wonder, why Arjan does not intervene for his kerneloops.org project, since your approach opens a window of uncertainty during the merge window when simply using git as an efficient fetch tool.

I would *love* it if Linus would, as first commit mark his tree as "-git0"
(as per snapshots) or "-rc0". So that I can split the "final" versus
"merge window" oopses.

Can't you discern that from the v$VERSION tag? According to your definition, -git0 would simply be v2.6.29 commit + 1, correct?

it needs to be something that is shown in the oops output...
... basically version or extraversion in the Makefile.