Re: [patch 25/45] SCSI: sg: fix races during device removal

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Mar 31 2009 - 19:50:27 EST

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Chris Wright wrote:

> From: Tony Battersby <tonyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> upstream commit: c6517b7942fad663cc1cf3235cbe4207cf769332
>
> sg has the following problems related to device removal:

Hmm. Is this a new problem to 2.6.29?

The patch is pretty big (certainly _way_ over the official -stable limit),
and I don't know how critical or new this bug was. I doubt it has gotten
much testing in the development branch either, yet.

So please convince me that this shouldn't wait a bit, or at least point me
to the problem reports to convince me that the size limit should be
ignored.

Linus