Re: System deadlock on 2.6.24-rt20 (-rt27 panics on locking-api-selftests)

From: Remy Bohmer
Date: Sun Apr 05 2009 - 14:39:28 EST

Hello Thomas,

>> I integrated -rt27, but this one fails on the locking api-selftests.
>> Is this a bug in the selftest? Or is there a real locking bug behind
>> it?
>
> Don't think so. The rw locks fixups which we did between -rt20 and
> -rt27 might have screwed the lockdep selftests where we create
> deadlock situations.

This is what I hoped for ;-) (A bug in the testtooling...)

> What happens if you disable the self tests ?

The system boots and seems to run properly. We did not yet test for a
longer period of time, but the first looks are that the hangups we had
are gone now. But it would be good for the peace of mind if the
locking-selftest was working properly.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Remy