Re: USB: symbolserial: log the ioctl commands

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 05:15:25 EST

> I'm trying to get this driver working properly for a USB device that is
> being controlled by a Windows program running under WINE. Right now
> there are some ioctls being called by either WINE or the serial program
> on Windows that the driver isn't handling and so it's not working
> properly. This change was so that I could get feedback from the user
> with this situation to try to work it all out.

In future perhaps you could keep your private debugging patches in your
own tree as it would make it easier for anyone else. What you actually
submitted was code which in the presence of the hardware gets autoloaded
and allows people to spam the log files depending upon the distro serial
permissions policy for USB dongles.

> I've now got a trace of an attempt and will work to try to implement the
> needed ioctls to get it running properly.

Out of interest what does WINE think it needs ?

Alan