tracking of PCI address space

From: Kumar Gala
Date: Wed Apr 08 2009 - 16:54:48 EST

I was wondering if we have anything that tracks regions associated with the "inbound" side of a pci_bus.

What I mean is on embedded PPC we have window/mapping registers for both inbound (accessing memory on the SoC) and outbound (access PCI device MMIO, IO etc). The combination of the inbound & outbound convey what exists in the PCI address space vs CPU physical address space (and how to map from one to the other). Today in the PPC land we only attach outbound windows to the pci_bus. So technically the inbound side information (like what subset of physical memory is visible on the PCI bus) seems to be lost.

- k