Re: The problems for driver module loading

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Apr 09 2009 - 05:49:33 EST

> Because cdc_ether.ko driver can not support our QMI protocol, so we want the Linux system can always attach our driver to our device, but not cdc_ether.ko driver.
>
> How can I do for this?

The easiest way is probably to submit some changes to cdc_ether to add
QMI support, or when submitting the QMI driver to also submit a patch to
cdc_ether to make it leave the device alone.

That doesn't help with exising systems however. What do the descriptors
for the hardware look like as cdc_* do actually try to avoid vendor
specific modem intefaces ?

Alan