Regression: First hibernation attempt fails

From: Alan Jenkins
Date: Thu Apr 09 2009 - 07:13:30 EST

Yet another issue in 2.6.30-rc1 which was not present in 2.6.29 :-). I
wonder if it rings any bells?

On my laptop (EEE 4G), the first attempt at hibernation fails.
Subsequent attempts succeed.

If I use s2disk as normal, I see "snapshotting system", then before it
gets to write out the image, it aborts and switches back to X. I can't
see any error message, even if I check the log with "dmesg".

If I use "echo disk > /sys/power/state", echo reports the error "Cannot
allocate memory".

This only happens if I've logged in to X first. In fact, I narrowed it
down to gnome-power-manager. If I kill gnome-power-manager beforehand,
then it doesn't happen.

Alan