Re: 2.6.30-rc1 (latest git): thinkpad-acpi: cannot controlbrightness with hotkeys

From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
Date: Sun Apr 12 2009 - 12:15:13 EST

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > With latest git kernel, I'm no longer able to control my Thinkpad (W500)
> > brightness, although I can still control the backlight, bluetooth etc.

Niels, something just occourred to me. Is your problem the hotkeys, or the
brightness control itself? Check /sys/class/backlight/*, please. What do
you have in there? Does it work?

If it is the hotkeys, make sure you either have the legacy ACPI events
enabled in kconfig, or that you have something tied to the thinkpad-acpi
input device (no, HAL doesn't do it _yet_, it just forwards the events to
X.org)...

Henrique Holschuh