Re: 2.6.28 /proc/diskstats

From: Daniel Collins
Date: Sun Apr 12 2009 - 21:21:37 EST

I've stepped through the commits in linux-2.6, the first revision with this behavior is 074a7aca7afa6f230104e8e65eba3420263714a5

Daniel Collins wrote:
Hi

Since 2.6.28, fd0 isn't visible in /proc/diskstats from boot, only after access/mount. It is visible in /sys/block/ from boot, so there are no issues detecting it. This may also affect other devices such as hda but I haven't tested this yet, my test system and QEMU both only have ram0-ram15 from boot. I have tested 2.6.30-rc1 and found the same behavior. Is this a bug or a deliberate change?

Thanks