Re: Input driver for Twinhan USB 6253:0100 remote control

From: Mark Lord
Date: Tue Apr 14 2009 - 13:37:33 EST

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
On Tuesday 14 April 2009 09:14:48 Mark Lord wrote:
Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
Hi Mark,

On Wednesday 08 April 2009 10:28:09 Mark Lord wrote:
Dmitry,

I briefly had access to a Twinhan remote control (for Mythtv et al.)
and cobbled something together quickly to make it work.

But I really don't understand the new hid/input stuff,
so this is undoubtedly a total abomination to your eyes. :)
Actually HID is Juri's baby so let's see what he says ;). From my POV
we need to update keymap to make it emit proper codes instead of Myth
specific ones, but that is a lesser issue.
..

That's one thing I haven't figured out: how to make this compatible
with the userspace intput-kbd interface for loading new key maps and stuff.

You will need to convert your patch into proper hid_driver and
implement drv->input_mapping() method instead of overriding emitted
events. Then, once HID core is aware about proper mapping, normal
EVIOCGKEYCODE/EVIOCSKEYCODE will work and will allow adjusting
keymap from user space.
..

I tried that earlier, but input-kbd only ever listed a single (wrong)
key in the keymap, and wouldn't allow changing anything.
Obviously there's more to it somewhere, I guess.

I think if you take drivers/hid/hid-belkin.c as a template the
conversion will take you no time.
..

Okay, I can have a look at that one. Thanks.