Re: Fast testing

From: Tomasz Chmielewski
Date: Wed Apr 15 2009 - 08:19:29 EST

Wow. Nice machine. I wish I had one like that. And how long until
the GUI is usable again and you can actually continue working?

For comparison: my 3.4 GHz Pentium D takes 30 secs for kernel start
(ie. until it begins looking for the filesystems),

Including all BIOS routines?

2 mins until the graphical login screen appears, and
5 mins from logging in to the GUI being completely present.

I have an old 366 MHz / 192 MB machine which boots to GUI much faster.

Something's wrong with your setup (unless you start really lots of things or have some other, "uncommon" things).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org