Re: Fix quilt merge error in acpi-cpufreq.c

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Apr 15 2009 - 19:17:14 EST

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> So do you consider it wrong to summarize impact?

No.

NOBODY is arguing against talking about what the thing does.

We're arguing against the string "Impact:", which is nonsensical.

> Does this argument extend to other summaries as well, such as the title
> itself?

Umm. The summary line that doesn't have such a made-up nonsensical prefix?

Ingo, you're missing the _point_.

Summaries and good description of patches are GOOD.

The "Impact:" string is just noise.

Talk about how it was a cleanup all you want, and by all means talk about
what the intention of it was. Nobody argues against that. What we argue
against is ugly language.

Describe the changes in real sentences.

Linus