Re: [patch 2/3] RCU move trace defines to rcupdate_types.h

From: Mathieu Desnoyers
Date: Thu Apr 16 2009 - 21:42:21 EST

* Steven Rostedt (rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
>
> > I don't think this helps. rcupdate_types.h uses preempt_disable/enable, but
> > doesn't include linux/preempt.h for them - but someone's going to have to, so
> > you've got an implicit dependency on the user to #include the right headers in
> > advance.
>
> Would including linux/preempt.h in rcupdate_types.h be a problem?
>
> -- Steve

I did not include preempt.h in rcupdate_types.h because rcupdate.h did
not include it, so I thought it had a special status such a kernel.h.
However, I notice the rcupdate.h includes spinlock.h, which in turn
includes preempt.h, so we would need to include preempt.h in
rcupdate_types.h.

But I think preempt.h is pretty much only type definitions. I don't
think that would be a problem, but maybe Jeremy knows better.

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers