Re: [patch 2/3] RCU move trace defines to rcupdate_types.h

From: Mathieu Desnoyers
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 11:42:40 EST

* Jeremy Fitzhardinge (jeremy@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
>> Given the simplicity of the preempt_disable/enable_notrace found in
>> preempt.h, we could move them to
>>
>> include/preempt_types.h too, and that would solve all problems, wouldn't
>> it ?
>>

> No, it still needs linux/thread_info.h -> asm/thread_info.h, which in
> turn gets quite a lot of things on x86 (and would need to be audited in
> each architecture).

Well, I think it's a good time to do some cleanup then. Why on earth
would thread_info.h be anything else than a "_types"-like header ?

If headers has become in such a state in the kernel, then IMHO the
solution is not to shove more out-of-line functions under the carpet,
but rather to do the cleanup.

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers