Re: [GIT PULL] m32r: move include/asm-m32r to arch/m32r/include/asm

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 18:13:00 EST

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:37:42AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, takata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > I have moved asm-m32r headers and build-checked.
> >
> > Please pull from the following m32r git tree:
> > git://www.linux-m32r.org/git/takata/linux-2.6_dev.git for-linus
>
> Ok, pulled.
>
> I also removed the last remnants of asm-h8300 (a file that was added after
> the more of everything else) and asm-arm (a stale .gitignore file).

It was not stale as arm create a few files in asm-arm so it
just ignored a few generated files.

I have discussed wth Al to introduce a new directory:

include/gen/

that will hold all such generated files including asm-offsets.h.
When I have this ready the asm -> asm-$(ARCH) symlink will die.

Do not bring back the asm-arm/.gitignore,
we will live with that until include/gen are in place.

Sam