Re: [git pull] Fixes to 2.6.30rc2

From: Eric Anholt
Date: Sat Apr 18 2009 - 16:47:20 EST

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 01:59 -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Eric Anholt <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:49:59 -0700
>
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/anholt/drm-intel drm-intel-next
>
> Eric, any plans to ever push your work through David Airlie's DRM
> tree? I've been watching this for a few weeks and I'm mystified why
> the Intel DRM drier stuff is so special that is always goes seperate.
>
> It's seems foolish for David to manage the infrastructure and core DRM
> changes, as well as those for radeon and the other drivers other than
> Intel, which could potentially cause merge issues and conflicts with
> your driver changes.
>
> Why not do Intel DRM driver development via his tree? I just don't
> get it. :-/

Inside of the merge window, I am going through Dave again because he
requested it (though delays meant that I didn't get a major cleanup in
this merge window). However, Dave is also quite busy, and not stealing
his time every few days to pull my tree for just forwarding bugfixes on
seems to be a win.

--
Eric Anholt
eric@xxxxxxxxxx eric.anholt@xxxxxxxxx