Re: 900af0d breaks some embedded suspend/resume

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Apr 18 2009 - 16:47:12 EST

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009, Russell King wrote:

> What I need to be able to do is to suspend most devices on the host side
> which may involve talking to a separate microcontroller via I2C to shut
> down power to peripherals.

I suspect that for cases like this, the simplest thing to do is to just
add a marker for "don't mess with my power management, I'm doing
everything through sysdev" for the specified devices.

Then those i2c controllers (and perhaps some PCI bridges etc) can just set
that bit, and the device would basically turn invisible as far as the PM
layer is concerned.

Not that different from the IRQF_TIMER bit for timer interrupts.

Linus