Re: [GIT] kbuild

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Mon Apr 20 2009 - 00:43:56 EST

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 03:49:54AM +0100, Al Viro wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 02:41:58AM +0100, Al Viro wrote:

> > > Can we do a global 'sed s:asm/asm-offsets.h:generated/asm-offsets.h:g'
> > > thing too? And then get rid of the include/asm symlink?
> > >
> > > That asm-offsets.h mess is scary. I don't quite know why kvm on ia64 seems
> > > to do it's own asm-offsets.h file, for example. And arch/blackfin/Makefile
> > > mentions arch/$(ARCH)/include/asm/asm-offsets.h (but does it actually do
> > > one?).
> >
> > We'll need to update uml as well (contents of shared/kern_constants.h)
>
> BTW, while we are at it... There's a way to deal with arch/um without
> that kind of contortions, provided that we are willing to use -idirafter.
For kernel proper the use of -idirafter would be confusing.
But for um alone we should be safe provided it is properly commented.

I have already fixed um the obvious way for asm-offsets in my local tree.
But if you prefer I can add a -dirafter based patch before the "move
asm-offsets.h to incldue/generated" patch.

Sam