Re: [BISECTED] [REGRESSION] can't anymore even do as2ram-s2disk-s2ram cycle on acer aspire 5720G

From: Maxim Levitsky
Date: Mon Apr 20 2009 - 16:17:40 EST

On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 21:24 +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > > Also this commits narrows down the search, now it is clear that this is
> > > usb related. No wonder bios pokes at usb on resume and stalls.....
> >
> > So obvious next step is to compile-out usb support and see what
> > happens?
>
> Well, Maxim has already done more than that. Please look a the entire thread.

That is true, I even compiled kernel back to 2.6.19, and used absolutly
minimal driver configuration (ahci + vga console + keyboard).

(Yes, screen here doesn't came back to life without nvidia propertary
drivers, but system otherwise works fine, and this huge bug, was
confirmed by many peoples out of which I probably an only one with
nvidia device.)

But, notice, that in 2.6.30-rc, same regression happens, but it isn't
anymore due to ehci (I even copied suspend/resume code from the 'good'
version), thus there is some hope that addtional bisect might reveal
things (and I finally managed to set up distcc properly over wlan, and
get 100% on all systems, well 2 systems, the trick is to use many
threads, something like 15 or so, and I can now do full bisect cycle in
about 10 seconds)

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky