Re: Microblaze fixes for revision

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon Apr 20 2009 - 16:41:35 EST

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:56:27 +0200
monstr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> here are some patches which fixed some minor things.

How are microblaze patches getting into Linus's tree?

An appropriate route would be for you to ask him to pull the git tree.
I could send them (as I do with alpha, uml and maybe others), but
that's more a last-resort way of maintaining an architecture.

The microblaze git tree should be included in linux-next. Please
prepare a branch and send the info over to Stephen Rothwell
<sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and linux-next@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to get that all
set up.

For these particular patches: officially, 2.6.30-rcN is in bugfix-only
mode. But as microblaze is newly-added in 2.6.30 I think it's OK to
put non-bugfixes into 2.6.30 as well - we might as well get the
architecture as up-to-date as possible for the 2.6.30 release.