Re: SDHCI driver runnining in aspire one, allows to write to R/OSD cards

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Mon Apr 20 2009 - 19:42:48 EST

Maxim Levitsky wrote:
Hi,

I am an owner of aspire one, and it has a card reader.
when I take a sd card, and pull down the protection tab, it still allows
to write to the card (I tested with my main notebook that indeed, it did
write there).

My main notebook, acer aspire 5720, doesn't have this problem.
Kernel version in use is 2.6.28 vanilla, but this did happen in former
version as well.

Attached lspci, on acer one.

Do you know if it worked in any kernel version or OS? It's known that some SD card readers are too cheap to actually implement the write-protect detection.