Re: Microblaze noMMU/MMU merge

From: Greg Ungerer
Date: Tue Apr 21 2009 - 07:06:45 EST

Hi Michal,

Michal Simek wrote:
I would like to say your opinion about putting together Microblaze MMU
arch to noMMU version.

In C code will be #ifdef CONFIG_MMU ... #endif or #ifndef.

Here is proposal for headers. The similar style is used in m68k but I
would like to have the same code
for both archs in main file.

#ifndef _ASM_MICROBLAZE_PAGE_H
#define _ASM_MICROBLAZE_PAGE_H

code for noMMU and MMU which is the same for both.

#ifdef __uClinux__
#include "page_no.h" -> noMMU specific
#else
#include "page_mm.h"-> MMU specific
#endif
#endif /* _ASM_MICROBLAZE_PAGE_H */

Breaking up the files that way is really only temporary. They will
eventually all be merged back to single files (I have probably
reworked about 60% of them so far). There ends up being very little
difference.

I would keep single files if you could.

Regards
Greg