Re: remove PT_DTRACE from arch/* except arch/um

From: Roland McGrath
Date: Thu Apr 23 2009 - 02:36:28 EST

> Unfortunately, I know nothing about these arches, so I can only rely on grep.
> But it really looks like nobody except arch/um actually uses DTRACE.

Same with me. But I do trust grep, and my knowledge that PT_DTRACE was
widely used old cruft. To be really paranoid, you can grep (painfully)
for all ->ptrace ('[>.]ptrace\>') in arch code, plus find any that use
it in asm-offsets.c, and then grep for TSK_PTRACE or whatever macro is
defined there. (Chances are high that there are no uses that you missed.)
Or you could just leave it to the arch people to pipe up if we're wrong.

The patches all look quite right and harmless to me.

Thanks,
Roland