Re: [stable] [patch 000/100] 2.6.29.2 -stable review

From: Tvrtko Ursulin
Date: Thu Apr 23 2009 - 12:17:39 EST

On Thursday 23 April 2009 16:45:02 Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 04:08:41PM +0100, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:
> > On Thursday 23 April 2009 16:02:00 Greg KH wrote:
> > [snip]

> > > Looks good, we should queue it up for the next release (at 100 patches,
> > > this one looks pretty full...)
> >
> > OK, but if at all possible please squeeze it in in .2. I copied stable
> > twice I think during the discussion about this regression which was
> > almost one month ago now.
>
> Yes, but you never provided the git commit id of the patch that is in
> Linus's tree to us. Without that, knowing what to add to the -stable
> tree is pretty much impossible, given our current workload of the
> -stable queue.
>
> Please make it very easy on us, we are slow :)

OK, will keep that in mind in the future. This is the first time I am trying
to get something into stable so I didn't know the right process. I assumed it
is enough to copy stable@xxxxxxxxxx with anything resembling a regression fix
and you diligent people take care of it. Will do better if another
opportunity arises.

Thanks,
Tvrtko