RFC about Comedi on a patch that remove a lot fo code

From: Alessio Igor Bogani
Date: Fri Apr 24 2009 - 05:28:40 EST

Dear Comedi developers,

Sorry for my bad english.

I would be happy to receive your considerations about that patch:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-next&m=123792129500760&w=2

I know that some users use Comedi on dual kernel approach systems.
Obviously I don't have any against this but i think that Linux git
tree isn't the right place to support those software (RTAI, Xenomai,
RTLinux and others). Those projects already released patches against
Linux source code so it very easy for them add also patch for Comedi
drivers in the same tarball.

At the already listed 8 reasons in that email I want added a ninth one:
9) Give more chance for interested developers to fix it against RT_PREEMPT
http://marc.info/?l=linux-rt-users&m=124049407712792&w=2

Thanks!

Ciao,
Alessio