Suggestions request for speed-up kernel compilation

From: Alessio Igor Bogani
Date: Fri Apr 24 2009 - 05:57:47 EST

Hi All,

Sorry for my bad English.

I'm a kernel newbie and I would be very happy to receive some tips
about kernel compilation from experienced developers.

I have recently elaborated some trivial patches. For each one I have
done a build test at minimum and I find myself spend a lot of time
waiting my Core Duo to accomplish this task. Make is a very smart tool
but after a git pull or a git fetch origin/git reset --hard origin it
can't help as desired.

Unfortunately I don't have a clustered compilation farm under my control. :-)

Anyone can suggest me how mitigate that issue?

Tips, RTFM, links will be appreciated as long as referred to real used
technique.

Thanks in advance and sorry for stupid question.

Ciao,
Alessio