Re: NFS BUG_ON in nfs_do_writepage

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Fri Apr 24 2009 - 10:14:39 EST

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 05:26 -0400, Rince wrote:
> Applied try 3 of Nick Piggin's patch to 2.6.30-rc3 (cleanly, no less!)
>
> Doesn't appear to have helped at all - I received my favorite BUG ON
> write.c:252 just like always, within 24 hours of booting the kernel,
> even.
>
> - Rich

Yes. I'm able to reproduce this bug now. I found that I can trigger it
fairly reliably by running iozone in something like the following
configuration: "iozone -t 32 -r 1k -s 256m -c -D -K -Z -i0 -i8"

I believe it boils down to the problems being discussed in the following
thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.nfs/26181

Cheers
Trond