Re: Regarding the linkstation defconfig

From: RogÃrio Brito
Date: Fri Apr 24 2009 - 17:24:21 EST

Dear Guennadi, and Kumar.

On Apr 24 2009, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2009, RogÃrio Brito wrote:
> > Guennadi, since you seem to be the one responsible for the
> > linkstation/kurobox in the kernel,
>
> That's not howI interpret my role in linkstation development /
> support.

Sorry. I thought that you were. I have, nonetheless, interest in helping
and understanding more about the platform.

> > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> > 01. why is anticipatory the default scheduler for linkstations when CFQ
> > is the default scheduler for the rest of the kernel?
(...)
> > 12. wouldn't it be a good thing to enable CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME?
> > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> As I already replied to you earlier, I am not particularly interested in
> fine-tuning and optimisation of defconfigs. IMHO *_defconfigs are only
> examples of board configuration, that are known to build and work. The
> rest is up to the user / packager.

IMVHO, defconfigs should be examples of board configuration, known to
build and work (like you said) *and* be, in a way, exemplary to the
user/packager.

> > Again, please, forgive my ignorance here regarding the questions above.
> > I'm really looking for some clarification and to get things in shape
> > both on my systems and in the default kernel configuration, in general.
>
> Feel free to submit patches with reasoning to the powerpc ML and
> respective maintainer as per MAINTAINERS file.

I'm doing that as a reply to this message.

Thanks for your guiding, RogÃrio Brito.

--
RogÃrio Brito : rbrito@{mackenzie,ime.usp}.br : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8