Re: [RFD] voltage/current regulator consumer interface

From: Mark Brown
Date: Sat Apr 25 2009 - 05:05:23 EST

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 10:19:33AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Well, then you should teach serial driver to power the (GPS) device up on
> open() and power it off on close()...

This all started because this approach was nacked for serial drivers.
In any case, I'm not sure that'll scale - it may not be desirable or
reasonable to do something like that for all devices. For example, the
devices may be connected via a technology that's not suitable (I've
worked on systems which used ethernet here).